Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lemon Cream Pasta


This is one of our new found favorite recipes! I found it in my ward cook book, it sounded yummy and easy. It tastes really light and delicious! Even Kennady loved it, which sometimes is hard for her to like everything we eat! This is a good recipe to just come home and quickly make, good for us working moms! I love summer when all the fresh veggies come out, so I Love to broil zucchini, squash, peppers, asparagus, etc I get this from my family! But it is nice to garnish the plate, it looks so pretty and tastes delicious!


Lemon Cream Pasta: (serves 3)

1/2 lb. thin spaghetti (I have used wheat spaghetti noodles, and rice noodles to be healthy, both taste pretty good)

2 Tbs. butter

1 Tbs. oil (I used Olive Oil)

1 tsp. minced garlic

1 lemon

3/4 c. cream (I used low fat cream cheese)

1/4 tsp. salt

Parmesan Cheese, grated

Parsley, chopped


Cook spaghetti; drain. Melt butter in skillet- then add oil. Add garlic and then squeeze juice from half the lemon into skillet. Add cream cheese and mix. Add salt, some of the parsley, and any other seasonings you would like. Pour drained spaghetti into skillet and stir to coat. Top with fresh lemon juice, parsley and cheese.


Broiled Veggies-

Get your favorite veggies and cut up into small pieces (flat bite size pieces)

baste with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Lemon Pepper

Broil until golden brown

YUM!


This dinner is really simple and your husband will be so impressed with what a good chef you are that you made spaghetti with no packets or bottles! It literally from start to table set took me 30 minutes. Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment