Thursday, July 22, 2010

{The Most Dangerous Cake in the World}

posted by: Heidi Low

I was sitting at home last night alone and NEEDED to find something sweet and quick! Being pregnant, I decided I needed to listen to my body and make cake. ;) That's where this recipe comes in. I've known it was in my cookbook, but I've been avoiding it until now. So the reason this is properly named "the most dangerous cake in the world" is because you toss a couple ingredients into a mug and microwave it for three minutes and it's done!

So here it is:

4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
1 large mug

All you do is mix the dry ingredients then add the egg, milk and oil. Add the last three ingredients, and microwave on high for 3 minutes and it's done! I had a VERY large mug, so this didn't happen to me, but I guess it tends to pour over the edges so watch out!

For all those who really know me know how much I love Oreo's, so I tossed some of those on top and drizzled it with chocolate syrup and I have to say, for how easy it was, it was pretty decent. Don't expect anything amazing and you'll be pretty satisfied. :) Enjoy!


Oh, and you'll see quite a few recipes from this cookbook from me, but I got this from my World Wide Ward Christmas Cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds soooo yummy! And yes dangerous, this is a very easy quick treat! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete