Tuesday, July 27, 2010

{Poppy Seed Chicken}

Posted by Heidi

OK this one's tricky, but I think I either got this from my Sister-in-law Andrea who made this for a Low FHE, OR this came into the Low's home by means of a cookbook that I just love called the Duke Family Cookbook. My Sister-in-law Cami's mom collected all kinds of recipes and made a calendar cookbook with a new recipe for every day. I LOVE it and use it at least once a week. So here's the recipe!!!

6 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken
16oz sour cream
1 cube melted butter
2 stacks Ritz crackers (crushed)
1-2 t poppy seeds (optional believe it or not. Leaving them out helps avoid poppy seeds in your teeth later, and I couldn't tell you what it does to the taste...you'll have to make it with and without and let us know)

Layer chicken on bottom of 9x13 pan. Mix soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds and poor over chicken.

Melt butter and mix with crumbs. Spread on top. Bake at 375 for 30 min and it's done! Super simple!!!
In my case, i'm making these to freeze for post pregnancy dinners that I know I'm not going to be in the mood to make later, so I made this in two 8x8 pans and stuck them in the freezer. Sorry there isn't a finished pic because of that. I left off the crumbs and taped them on top to keep them from getting moist in the freezer. Trust me though, it looks and smells amazing when it's all done!

WARNING: Most of the next month worth of posts will be casseroles that are easy to freeze for the same purpose as this one.

1 comment:

  1. so I was on my friends blog and decided to "stalk" some other people and scrolling down on your list I saw you had recipes! how excited I am for this! they look amazing and I can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete